This is the Tag-a-Blog Challenge going around the blogosphere! A fun chain of posts which include 11 random facts about yourself, answers to 11 questions posed by another blogger who tagged you and your 11 questions to other 11 bloggers you tag in your post.
Looks like a chain letter?! Yes, why not? It’s merry Christmas time – let’s have fun!
What are the rules? They are simple:
1. Introduce the person who tagged you.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions posed by the blogger who tagged you.
4. List other 11 bloggers.
5. Put your 11 questions to the bloggers you nominated.
Let me start by introducing the person who tagged me:
Alexandra is a teacher of English at Moscow State University, the faculty of Physics.
However, at the moment she mainly works as a private tutor teaching kids and teenagers.
In her blog you will find the record of her day-to-day teaching experience, her observations and reflections, and the description of the projects she’s working on.
11 random facts about myself:
1.I’m deeply interested in everything concerning ELT ! Actually, I am in love with my job!! I am so lucky to do the job I have always wished for!
2. I am also in love with life! I’d love to live till the end of…cosmos!
3.I am a very good cook! Cooking is my second passion after teaching kids! Maybe because, creativity is involved!
4. I used to cycle a lot! Not so much anymore….Riding my bicycle, makes me feel free and carefree !!
5. I am afraid of … driving cars! I hate it when I have to drive long distances especially when my whole family are in the car! Car accidents are really frequent in Greece! I just love flying , though!…I have never been afraid of traveling by planes !
6.I used to be very good at organic gymnastics and my most favourite athlete was Nadia Komanetsi from Romania! I used to dream that one day, I would take part in the Olympic Games and win gold medals!
7.I knew that I wanted to be either an english teacher, or a journalist, when I was only 11 years old! I even wrote about it ,in my diary!
8. I worked as a freelance journalist, for about 10 years both for magazines and for local TV channels!
9.I am very good at drawing and the Arts in general! I love dancing!! I can dance very well and used to be a member of a folk dancing group for many years! I also adore theatre! I used to belong to a local Drama club ! That’s why I use Drama a lot in my class, too. I can also write very well…I have written several short stories so far and some poetry! Also, short plays and a story book for my classes!
10.I met my husband when I was 19 and we have been together since then!!
11.I LOVE MY CHILDREN and all children in general!
Answers to ALEXANDRA’s questions:
1. What is a thing or activity that you have never done in your life before but which you would like to try out?
Tango Argentino !
2. If you have attended an ELT conference or a webinar this year, which talk or workshop was the most memorable? Why?
Ken Wilson’s presentation at the Tesol Greece Preveza event ,last year! Stunning!
3. What are the three things or skills you have learnt this year?
Blogging, etwinning, making ends meet with little money!
4. What would you be doing if money wasn’t an issue?
I would definitely travel all around the Globe!!
5. What is your latest fad?
Living in a different country where there is sanity and common sense!
6. What can make you freeze in admiration?
7. What are your favourite songs of 2013?
RELAXATION MUSIC FOR STRESS RELIEF AND HEALING MEDITATION ! Also: ” Somedody That I used to know” – Gotey, “Stronger” – Kelly Clarkson,”We found love” – Rihanna, “Call me maybe”- Carly Rae Jepsen.
8. What are you thankful for?
MY CHILDREN, my job, my health! Life!
9. What books have you read in 2013 which you would recommend?
“Sofies Verden” by Jostein Gaarder, “You can heal your life” by Louise L. Hay.
10. What will you remember the year of 2013 for?
For the effects of the terrible financial crisis in my country,on all of us! For all the happy moments I shared with my family and students!
11. If you could choose, where would you live? Why?
Either in LONDON because, that is where I feel right at home or at a greek island because,I love all islands and the Aegean Sea!
And now the 11 bloggers I’m sending my questions to- hopefully you haven’t been tagged already
- Jeremy Harmer’s Blog
- Ken Wilson’s Blog
- Leoxicon – Leo Selivan’s Blog
- Marisa Constantinides’s Blog
- Mieke Kenis’s Blog
- Scott Thornbury’s A-Z of ELT Blog
- Throwing Back Tokens – Josette LeBlanc’s Blog
- Visualising Ideas – Naomi Epstein’s Blog
- Vladimira’s Blog – A Teacher’s Notebook
- Zoltán Dörnyei’s Personal Website
My 11 questions to other bloggers:
1.• What are you most proud of?
2 • How will you know if you have lived a full life?
3• What is your biggest fear?
4• Who has had the greatest impact on your life?
5• If Hollywood made a movie about your life what would it be rated and who
would be the star?
6• Who is the most important person in your life?
7• If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
8• If you could do anything in the world without fear of failure what would you do ?
9• If I asked your best friends your 3 best qualities what would they say?
10.If you only had six months to live what would be the top 10 things you would
11• What is your biggest regret?
A big thank you to Alexandra for tagging me! It’s been a really fun Christmas flash-blog-mob!